- About Us
- Industry Sectors
- Issues & Initiatives
- Legislative & Regulatory Affairs
- News & Events
Environment & Safety
LMOGA tracks federal and state agency actions that affect the entirety of the oil and gas industry including exploration and production pipeline, refining and marketing activities. LMOGA reviews and comments on relevant state actions and occasionally on federal actions if they have impacts specific to Louisiana operations. In addition, LMOGA and member companies participate in commenting with other trade associations on issues affecting multiple industry sectors both at the state and federal level. LMOGA operates through a series of "standing" and "ad hoc" committees to develop an industry consensus position.
Marine Well Containment Company
- The MWCC is a non-profit organization committed to improving capabilities for containing an underwater well control incident in the Gulf of Mexico. MWCC is part of multiple industry efforts to improve prevention, well intervention and spill response.
- MWCC has created the Marine Well Containment System, a $1 Billion subsea spill containment system. Building on industry lessons learned, MWCC has enhanced containment capabilities with the development of an interim containment system, now available for use in the U.S. Gulf of Mexico. The interim containment system significantly exceeds previous Gulf containment capabilities. The system is carefully designed to meet BOEMRE requirements for a subsea well containment system that can respond to an underwater well control incident in the Gulf, as outline in NTL No. 2010-N10. The interim system-capping stack is now usable in 10,000 feet of water, an increase from previous capabilities of water depths of up to 8,000 feet.
- MWCC is also developing an expanded containment system available in 2012. The expanded containment system will be compatible with a wide range of well designs and equipment, oil and natural gas flow rates and weather conditions.
- Membership is open to all Gulf of Mexico oil and gas operators and several LMOGA member companies are leading the way with this organization, including ExxonMobil, Shell, ConocoPhillips, Chevron, BP, Anadarko along with several other industry leaders.
- Link: Marinewellcontainment.com
Center for Offshore Safety
- Industry-led and industry-funded organization located in Houston, Texas, promoting the highest levels of safety for offshore operations, through an effective program that addresses management practices, communication and teamwork.
- Based on API’s Recommended Practice 75
- Focus on shared lessons learned and industry collaboration
- Relies on independent third party auditing and verification